Saturday, April 24

My Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Experience

I am no coffee addict, so coffee shops would be the last place you'll ever see me hanging out, especially alone. So ask me where was I last Wednesday?
In Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Ortigas Park. Odd...

I was there not just to spend money for a caffeine boost, the reason I cannot disclose yet. But I should say I had the best "ME" time in CBTL.

I ordered Caramel Ice-Blended drink and Cheese Muffin. I also got the chance to use my CBTL coupons courtesy of Belle de Jour planner and that entitled me to a free Chocolate Chip Cookie. Aren't freebies so great?

I loved Caramel Ice-Blended drink (Php155). The sweetness is just right, although the caramel taste is not so distinct. The coffee taste doesn't come out too strong (just as I wanted it), and it doesn't gave me the bloated feeling after I finish one regular-sized drink.

The Cheese muffin (Php80)  is just a regular tasting pastry, nothing too special, though I must commend the staff for serving it warm. Yet it wasn't so appealing because it appeared dry and crumbly. I should have tried something else, but at least I knew so I won't go for it the next time.

The chocolate chip cookie, on the other hand, tastes great. It is larger than the usual chocolate chip cookie we know, so a piece would be enough to fill you up for a snack.

Other things I loved about CBTL in Ortigas Park:
  • They have friendly and accommodating staff - well, at least the people I have encountered when I visited. They were so helpful to guide you through the menu, and they served me water at least without me needing to ask for it.
  • Quick Service. Orders are ready for pick-up within 3 minutes, without compromising  the quality.
  • The shop (interior and Al Fresco) are clean and cozy, great if you really want to unwind. The store is spacious and quiet, unlike other coffee shops.
  • The drinks and pastries are not so steep, price(s) are still competitive.
Great Customer Service. I am sure to swing by CBTL anytime soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment