Tuesday, May 4

Fire Drill Friday

A couple of days before Friday, I have already planned to arrive the office earlier than I used to, because I need to leave earlier as well.
So I did at 9:30AM. But before entering the office, I noticed a big banner with “DRILL ON-GOING” written on it. I was a bit hesitant to get inside the building because I was thinking that a fire evacuation drill might take place shortly, but still did proceeded, thinking it might be for other company (not ours). And that decision made my weekend… awful.

I got at my desk approximately 5minutes after I entered the building and joined a conference call with people in US shortly. After 10 minutes, the fire alarm rung. Though we stressed with the security personnel, who was asking everyone in the floor to evacuate through the fire exit, the importance of the call we are currently having, we were still not excused from the fire drill procedures. So we have to take the fire exit. The best part? My office is located on the 15th floor of the building. That meant we took 30 flight of stairs (yes, 2 flight of stairs per floor) to get out of the building. Isn’t it great? Mind you, we were located on 25th floor before we moved to 15th floor. And I have also participated in a fire drill before by taking 50 flight of stairs down to the exit. That’s why I said 15th floor is better than 25th floor.

As soon as I exited the building, I decided to go straight to the mall to buy my early lunch. When I got back, there were heavy lines on all elevators, since all people got out because of the fire evacuation.
But the part I hate the most with fire drills? My legs were so painful the next day, as if I have a pair of dumbbells pounding my muscles, more painful that doing a thousand reps of leg press. And until now, I still mind the pain.

No comments :

Post a Comment