Friday, May 21

Beatles Rockband Experience

My brother was pestering me the other day, asking me to let him use my credit card to buy the Beatles Rockband set for PS3, which he believes is the last set currently being sold here in Manila.

Playstation 3 The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium BundleHe just doesn't have the cash ready to purchase the set. Being a beatles fanatic since he was 10, he was racing to get the last piece by hook or by crook.
So being the goody goody sister that I was, I agreed to meet him in SM North Annex. The last pair was in iTech shop.

It cost Php 14,500. The set includes the PS3 CD, Ringo starr's trademark Ludwig drum kit, a microphone with a mic stand, and a hofner guitar (paul mccartney's guitar, coined as "beatle bass").

My husband playing the Hofner Guitar

My brother in Ludwig Drum kit

You can also buy separately a Rickenbacker guitar (the one used by John Lennon), but I am not sure where it is currently available in the Philippines, if it is. But Beatles rockband can be played using other rockband instruments you currently have.
I tagged along when they went home to try the game. They assembled the drums set, the mic and guitar, played the game, and we had a blast.

There were 40+ beatles songs to be played, some needs to be unlocked by finishing the story mode(just like other rockband and guitar hero games).

I was impressed with the graphics of the game. They look like the real videos of the band (yah I've been watching a lot of those because of him).
I never got bored watching the videos while my brother and my husband enjoyed playing the game (even my husband was not much of a beatles fan).
This one is a really nice collector's item for a hardcore beatles fan.


No comments :

Post a Comment