Monday, April 19

I just turned Coleto addict!!!

This is a long-overdue post but I've been itching to brag about this just the same.
DSC02458I was into fine-tech point pens since I was in college because I love to write review notes in small papers so I can carry them around especially on my way to my class.
Point 0.3 pens suits it best. But a month ago, I came across a set of 0.28 pens in 5 colors!! I was so happy. It was so rare to find a colored fine-tech pen (other than red,blue and black).
I purchased it and was happy for a moment. After a couple of usage 2 of them no longer dispenses ink. That was disappointing.

Then my friend who shares the same addiction (if you may call it) as mine, told me about Pilot Hi-Tec C Coleto. Coleto is a multi-ink pen which is apparently sold in National Bookstores.
The barrel comes in default colors of black, blue and red ink. You can then buy other ink cartridges of different colors if you would like to replace the default ink cartridges that came with the barrel.
Customizing the pen becomes relatively expensive since you cannot buy just the empty barrel.
But the staff told us that empty barrels, as well as separate ink cartridges can be purchased in Cosmos Bazaar in Binondo, Manila.

We sneaked out of our office and travelled to Binondo for our Coleto search. We arrived at the store minutes before their closing time. Our eyes feast on how many pilot products they sell.
Though tempting, we just satisfied ourselves buying coleto barrels and cartridges. A barrel costs Php65 each, and ink cartridge costs Php 35 each. We got a bargain by giving us the ink cartridge for Php28 only since we bought 12 ink cartridges (6 colors for each of us).
We were able to customize our multi-ink pens for only Php150, a lot cheaper than buying in NBS.

DSC02447

DSC02449

DSC02452

DSC02454

DSC02453
The six-0.3 ink cartidges I chose: light blue, violet, pink, black, orange and green
DSC02455

DSC02456

I am not a fan of multi-ink pens since most of them are so bulky. But What is addicting about coleto is that the barrel is slim though it houses 3 inks.
It has a rubberized grip so it won't slip. The inks dries fast, and the pens glides gently on the paper you'll get really addicted using it.
The down side, it is a bit expensive to use it on long writings since the ink drains a bit fast. And one of the cartridges I bought skips ink.

Overall, If ever I ran out of ink, I will still buy this pen. Coleto is still my best best for ultra-fine tech colored pens.

No comments :

Post a Comment