Monday, April 5

More Credit Card Annual Fee Reversal!!!

After my successful attempt to have my HSBC credit card annual fee reversed, I tried the same request to my 2 other credit cards, Citibank Classic Mastercard and Metrobank Classic Visa.


Citibank posted an annual membership fee amounting to Php1500 on my February 2010 bill. I called them up to ask for reversal of my annual fee. The agent I have talked to gave me the following options so I can have my annual fee waived:
- Enroll on e-statements. – I am already enrolled so I cannot use this for my reversal request
- Apply for a supplementary card – My spouse already holds a supplementary card under my account, and I don’t want to add expenses in the long-run, so I didn’t considered this.
- Enroll a utility on Citi one-bill – This is an auto-debit facility of Citibank for utilities such as Meralco, PLDT, and others.
- Use my points to pay for my annual fee – Ooopppsss… No!! I am aware that I can have my annual fee reverse at no cost. So this is not an option for me.
I chose to enroll another utility bill (MERALCO) under Citi One-bill. Presto!!! Annual Fee waived. I saved Php 1500.
Metrobank , on the other hand, posted Php 1400 annual fee on my February 2010 bill. I called them as well to request the same, but I wasn’t expecting too much since I haven’t heard anyone who had their annual fee under this company waved.
According to the agent I spoke with, I am entitled to have my annual fee reverse on one condition: Spend at least Php4000 (retail, cash advance and cash2Go transactions not included) for 30 days. This one is easy. And so after I had accumulated the Php 4000 –condition, I called them up to remind them of my annual fee reversal, and confirmed that it will be waived.
I don’t mind holding on to these extra credit cards and I don’t have serious spending problems, especially if they are no annual fee credit cards.

No comments :

Post a Comment