Monday, September 7

Splog Fight

Part 2 of Stolen Blog content rants

Have you been splogged?
If you stumbled upon some post which appears familiar to you, take a second look. That might be your original content published sometime ago.
As I mentioned from my previous post, my first blog entry has been stolen. I thought it was just re-phrased. But I just found out that I have been splogged.

Splogging (splogs - "spam" + "blog") is automatically scrapping a portion of your post (or different posts) and putting it together, so most of the time the content no longer makes sense at all (the content is auto-generated). The purpose of these thieves is to generate income by including frequently-searched keywords, links to other sites they probably own as well, or to increase Page Rank and falsify google search results. What is also disheartening is they may also cause your site rank to drop.
In my attempt to fight back sploggers, I reported the site to Google adsense. I clicked on the Google Adsense on the site and reported a policy violation regarding the site. I indicated "splog" under the comments section, posted a link to the original content versus the copied one. In case their ads get terminated, at least I caused them inconvenience. Better than staring at your stolen content and do nothing.
Once there was Splogreporter.com which lists splog sites reported. But the site is already dead (and I don't know why). You can check on Exposing Sploggers to submit splog sites and for anti-splog tips.

Wondering if someone is earning with your own hardwork? Check Copyscape.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment