Monday, September 28

HSBC Annual Fee Waived!!!

For the first time in 2 years, they finally approved my request to have my credit card annual fee waived.


My first attempt to request for annual fee reversal last year was denied. I can't remember any reason for that, considering I've been paying regularly (or could that be the reason why???). That time, I can't threat the company to have my card cancelled because I still have on-going installment transactions (which I opt not to pay in lumpsum because it will drill a big hole in my wallet). So I ended up paying the Php1200 annual fee. Yaiks...
Come last month, I remember my annual fee will be posted soon. I called the company and ask for the reversal again. They told me I will be qualified for the reversal by complying with any of the following:
- Should have at least 7 transactions using my card for the after your annual fee has been posted.
- Minimum accumulated transaction(s) amounting to Php14,000 (regardless of whether it is a straight or deferred payment)

The first one is easy, you can do as many transactions as you like without aiming for any required amount. But I settled for #2. It just so happened that I need to purchase something with that big amount. At least I saved 1200 bucks to spend on something else.
When I checked my statement online, whoa!!! My annual fee has been reversed.
That's cool. At least I don't have to resort to threatening them that I will have my cards cancelled. I love my HSBC credit card compared to my other CCs because of it's relatively high credit limit and their service is good compared to Citibank (citibank agents suck).
Call HSBC to confirm if they still have the same pre-requisites before granting annual fee reversal. I am not sure if these conditions change from time to time. But make sure to have the request forwarded by an HSBC agent (call 85-800) and wait for 3 to 5 working days for approval.


2 comments :

  1. I wish I can do the same to my Metrobank Femme this month. But alas, I still have an installment remaining. They did waive it last year when I had no balance left and told them to terminate my account. They waived 50% and I said no until they waived it 100%. This time will be different...

    For HSBC, they didn't waive my annual fee before. That plus the constant calls from them during due dates to tell you to pay (even if you already did) made me terminate my account with them. Do they still do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, haven't received any similar call since I've been a cardholder. I pay in full but most of the time I do it on my due date. They don't bug me for that.

    ReplyDelete