Friday, August 28

Fall of Tokyo Tokyo's Unli-Rice

Been a fan of Tokyo Tokyo for years already. Since I started earning, this resto is where I usually dine in with my then-boyfriend (now my husband). Apart from our favorite japanese food such as Teriyaki, misono and tonkatsu, we love Tokyo Tokyo because of it's unlimited Rice (Eat-all-you-kanin) promo.

Tokyo Tokyo endured the rice crisis when it hit the philippines two years ago. But recently when we visited the megamall store again last August 8, they have a new menu board (which was nice by the way). I noticed there's no crew member roaming around to refill rice. And so we've been told that the eat-all-you-kanin promo has been already removed. But the rice serving now is relatively larger, and the rice they are now serving is somehow similar to japanese rice (indeed filling), unlike before where in they serve rice similar to that of NFA. But you can still order for an extra rice.
Oh well, they have endured the crisis long enough. I somehow expected the change earlier. But I think they are still doing good. However, eat-all-you-kanin fans are now considering other restaurants where they can get more value for their money.

No comments :

Post a Comment