Monday, April 29

Baguio Trip 2013


After 2 years of being AWOL from the blogging scene, I am back, with my throwback post from my most recent vacay.
Last February, in time for the month-long celebration of the Panagbenga festival, my husband and I went to Baguio for a 2 day vacation.
As a couple, we have never tried going out of town for more than a day. Though for so many times we have tried but nothing goes as planned. For this time around, we only have2 days planning before we left for Baguio. That’s quite short but it did the trick for us, at least this time.
We were bound to leave Manila at Friday night of February 8 and should be back then by Sunday night. I scouted for transient houses a day before the trip (and who ever thought that could be fun?). I was surprised that there were still  more available rooms than I expected since Panagbenga should be a peak season.
I made reservation to the transient accessible from Burnham park.
Lyn’s transient house located at City Camp Road offered a reasonable rate for an overnight stay (Php800, that’s for the 2 of us). The room has 2 double-sized beds (good for 4 persons), with own toilet and bath, kitchen (with stove, cooking utensils, refrigerator), TV with cable, and electric fan. They also have WiFi internet connection which I found helpful in checking our itinerary for our 2-day stay. The place is clean and quiet, with a beautiful view of the city.
 
View from transient house

 Victory liner buses trips to Baguio are scheduled to leave every 30-45minutes. We got the 1AM Saturday trip, and arrived at Baguio at 7AM. I sent an SMS to the owner of the room where we’re supposed to stay to ask if we can leave our things, since check-in time is still at 12nn. Luckily, they were kind enough to let us drop our bags and head to our itinerary.


Our Baguio Itinerary:

Saturday 8AM – Breakfast at Jollibee.

                            


9AM – Baguio Cathedral (Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral)
10AM – Camp John Hay
Camp John Hay
The Manor Hotel, Camp John Hay
12NN – Restaurants at CJH are full by lunch. We headed to Chocolate de Batirol.
Our Meal: Paksiw na lechon (Php300+), 3 servings of rice, 2 soda drinks, and of course, the traditional Blend Batirol. Cost us around Php500+.
The food was good but I found it a bit expensive. The place is constructed with trees, plants, vines and other recycled wood but I don’t find the interiors aesthetically appealing. 
The traditional Blend Batirol is something I have never tasted before though, so It was still worth the try.
                           

Choco-late de Batirol

At 2PM – We head back to our room and slept until 6PM. Need to recharge.
7PM – strolled at Burnham Park, to Session Road until we found (by accident) SM Baguio.
8PM – Watched the fireworks display (Chinese New Year) at Burnham Park from SM Baguio deck, then dinner at Dencio’s.
Chinese New Year Celebration
9PM – Walked back to Burnham Park and scout for Ukay-ukay at Night Market. This is the part I enjoyed the most. Things are really cheap here. I found boots for Php300        

11PM – Back to the room, time to sleep.
Sunday 6AM – Burnham Park (again). Photoshoot.


Boat ride at Burnham Park
9AM – Mine’s View. Of course I need to have a picture (again) with the St. Bernards.

10AM – Good Shepherd Convent for Ube Jam (and some photoshoot again)


12NN – Pasalubong shopping at Baguio City Public Market, then Lunch at some restaurant I forgot the name.
2PM – Checked out and head to the Victory Bus Terminal. Scheduled trip at 4PM. Arrived at Cubao terminal at 10:30PM.
Ms. Lyn (the transient owner) was kind enough to let us extend our checkout time until 2PM without additional fee, since we cannot make it back to the room from Mines’ view by 12nn (our checkout time).
The shortest yet the best vacation I ever had, made me forget all worries in the city. I am looking forward to my next trip to this city within the year.

No comments :

Post a Comment