Monday, March 22

my broken HP 4185 deskjet

It's March, nearing summer break for some college students, and cramming of paper submissions has been an art mastered mostly by students. Printing services is a boom during this season, before the computer shops hit the hibernation months. And it's been so unlucky for my printer to malfunction just when I need it.

I bought my hp 4185 printer sometime in December 2007. But wasn't able to use it much, only until I opened our Internet shop recently. One morning, when I plugged the power cable, it gave me orange flashing lights, indicating cartridge error. It cannot proceed to it's printing operations. I refilled the ink cartridges but still no luck. I did a couple of power recycling, cartridge cleaning and alignment, and even replacing it with new set of ink cartridges, close, but no cigars.

I am a bit hesitant to buy the new printer to replace this hp printer, since semestral end is nearing, I doubt if it will immediately cover the purchasing cost during summer. But I am eyeing on an EPSON T10 (php 2195) in most shops. And will convert it to CIS (Continuous Ink System). Definitely, I will no longer buy for hp product. I had enough, after a laptop and printer breakdown.

No comments :

Post a Comment